This is second prompt by Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads that I decided to do. I love romance and was planning to make a post about my least favorite romance tropes anyway, so here we go.
I’m listing in my favorite tropes some of my favorite books from that trope but in my least favorite trope I list some of the books why I dislike those tropes.
Autumn is for walks in the brisk air, drinking lattes, wearing matching scarves and hats, jumping in piles of leaves… wait! Is this sounding a little tropey to you? Let’s talk about some of our fave (and not so fave) romance tropes.
- Enemies To Lovers – The growth! I just love it when characters go from hating each other, even trying to kill each other to falling in love.
- Soulmates – How can I not love romance where two people are destined to be together?
- Virgin/ Innocent – I love books that have a hero or heroine that is a virgin or innocent and they are ether clueless about things or have just waited to meet the right guy/ girl.
- Love Triangles – This is so rarely done well. I can only name one love triangle I actually care about
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Friends To Lovers – Mainly the ones where best friend doesn’t notice heroine until someone else shows interest
- Playboy – I’m just so tired of these kind of male characters. There’s nothing attractive of someone sleeping around.
- Rockstar romance – I don’t know why but this trope has never appealed to me. I don’t even have any books that made me dislike this trope.
Which tropes are your favorite and least favorite? Do you disagree with some of my picks?