This tag was created by a booktuber. I wasn’t tagged (don’t act like you’re surprised at this). I just wanted to share some of unpopular opinion of mine with you guys.
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like
I wanted to go with a book series that I finished, so The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This is a book series I changed my mind about. I liked book one but with every book I liked the series less and less. I just realized that I don’t like Katniss and Peeta deserved better.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
I don’t love Fifty Shades Of Grey by E.L James but I really enjoyed them. I have even reread them few times. I love Christian and Ana no matter how problematic they are.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I can’t think of any book where character ends up with wrong person (I won’t count Grisha trilogy since I haven’t finished them even though I know she ends up with wrong person) so let’s go with OTP I don’t like and that’s Percy and Annabeth from Percy Jackson. I know most people absolutely love these two but I don’t really get it. I mean they were friends forever and then suddenly they’re dating and in love?
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Horror. I actually never reach for horror. This genre just isn’t for me.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Nesta Archeron! I don’t want to give the same answer again, so let’s go with Jacob Black from Twilight. I’ve seen many people preferring him over Edward but I think he was such a jackass after he became a werewolf.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Love triangles. Some people can write them well (like Cassandra Clare did with Will/Tessa/Jem) but others just– no. I’m so tired of reading them in every single YA series.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
I think I’m never going to start A Song Of Ice And Fire and The Maze Runner.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
The Vampire Diaries! I loved the show’s first three seasons. It was epic until they made the Mikaelsons’ leave town and TVD just went downhill from there. I can relate to Caroline Forbes so much.